Reservations booked directly with Choice Hotels can now be cancelled or modified online. If you’ve booked a cancellable, non-cancellable or pre-paid rate, you can cancel or modify your reservation here. If you’re experiencing difficulties cancelling your reservation, you can fill out this online form. As long as you submit your request by June 30, 2020 and it is compliant with hotel country regulations, we can cancel your reservation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
Our commitment to you
The safety and health of guests, employees and franchisees remain a top priority for Choice Hotels®. We understand that with the rapidly changing updates on travel restrictions and cancelled or postponed public events, everyone is in different places when it comes to doing what is best for you and your family. We cannot stress enough that we believe in responsible and safe travel. Travel is who we are, and it is important to us that you feel confident when choosing and staying with Choice Hotels®. The information below outlines some of the ways in which we are working to give you peace of mind, amid the novel Coronavirus spread.
Whether you’re rethinking a planned trip or looking to book with confidence, we’re proud to announce an enhanced cancellation policy during this time. Greater flexibility means you can make the best decision for you and your family without worrying about fees or red tape.
- For guests with existing individual reservations, including reservations with non-cancellable, pre-paid rates made directly with Choice Hotels, we will allow changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020 and is compliant with hotel country regulations. You can cancel or modify your reservation here. If you are experiencing difficulties cancelling your reservation, you may use this online form.
- For a limited time, guests making new individual reservations directly with Choice Hotels, we will allow those reservations to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before a guest's scheduled arrival date. Modifications can be made here.
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
Your Choice Privileges loyalty points
We know you have a lot on your mind during this period of uncertainty as it relates to COVID-19. That’s why our most loyal customers no longer have to worry about their Choice Privileges points expiring.
Specifically, we have paused points expiration until May 31, 2020 allowing Choice Privileges members more time to redeem points and achieve greater flexibility when planning future travel. We understand that earning and maintaining Elite status for 2021 is also important to many of you. As the current situation evolves, we will continue to evaluate opportunities around Elite status and will keep you updated on all loyalty program changes through our website.
Our commitment to health and safety
The health and safety of guests is a top priority for Choice Hotels and its thousands of independently owned and operated franchised hotels:
- We have shared best practices with our hotel owners regarding heightened cleaning, sanitation and disinfecting protocols. Our vendors provide our hotels with training to meet these standards and necessary cleaning supplies that may be used to combat the spread of COVID-19.
- We have adjusted most on-property food and beverage service to focus on pre-packaged offerings.
- We have activated our response teams to provide around-the-clock guidance and support to our hotels.
- We continue to provide our hotel owners with up-to-date information and training from vendors and health authorities (including the CDC website) through our online portal.
- Hotels may be changing services and amenities to comply with local jurisdictional requirements and support public health best practices to flatten the spread of the Coronavirus.